Thursday, February 4, 2016

Up to Date

I have no interest in being up to date. I do not want to dress in current fashion, take an interest in popular culture, listen to music less than thirty years old, have conversations with most born after the Kennedy years (except some children). I do not want to hear new ideas that are not new at all or see art that strikes me as foolish. No pictures needed to be rated 'R' are of interest, and most are rated 'PG.' Nor will I wear my hair as today's people do. I want no stylists as long as I can find a barber. I do not want to live or work in anything made mostly of concrete, or where the windows will not open. I am not willing to spend half as much for a car as I did for my home, but  otherwise (with a few additional conditions) I am generally tolerant of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment