Wednesday, May 6, 2015

God's Absence

My friend said he can see God's hand not only in looking back and bringing forward the recognition that time and distance provide, but also in the moment.  I thought there were times when I could say perhaps it was God who had provided opportunities and indicated options, but when looking at other aspects it was not so readily seen.  I am not at all sure what might be God's role in individual lives and in many there is scant indication that a benevolent presence is at work within or around them.

I wonder is my friend inclined to give God's name only to some of life's directions and might there have been few enough tragic turns to make him wonder might it be not God but chance that was taking a hand.  Perhaps it is when we look out of desperation for God's presence that we find it hardest to discern and maybe this is a question only those who have not seen it can answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment