Saturday, April 26, 2014

Appreciating Ismael

Ismael is becoming a deacon.  It is the acknowledging by the Church of service and faith that have been present for a very long time.  When I first met him he lent me his faith so that mine might have reason to be.  He was more my father in faith than anyone, except maybe Bo Welsh.  He believed in a very essential God, one who was kindness and concern.  While he might have asked the questions, it was in him that I found the answers.  He was well beyond foolish speculation.  When I wanted to think he was willing to act, and when I would have talked Ismael was not afraid to pray.  If I could complicate things, he had no need to.  I had the title but he had the ability to see God's faith.  I hope the Church appreciates the wonder it is receiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment